Welcome, Anonymous (Profile, Private Messages)
Having trouble signing into the forums? Please [ logout ] and log back in.
SEARCH:     » Advanced Search

Shutterstock Photographer Forum Forum Index : Anything Goes. :
Food Photography Workshop

hhltdave5

Location: Our Stock, Food & Portrait photography books at www.rindersmithphotography.com

Post Posted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 10:33 pm     Reply with quote

I just wanted to let those who may be interested that Laurin and I will be putting on a food photography workshop at my house N/W of Chicago from Nov. 2-4, 2007.

All of the details dealing with cost, hotels etc have not been worked out as of yet but will be by the end of next week.

The workshop will cover:

1) The purchasing of the food
2) The preparation of the food
3) The use of props
4) The basics of food styling
5) Food lighting
6) Food photography tricks
7) Post processing of food images.

We will have a welcome dinner on Friday night and then on Saturday we will start out with a short classroom discussion of what we want to accomplish and to answer most of your questions. We will then go out to purchase the food you wish to photograph (all included in the cost of the workshop). We will spend the rest of the day, preparing, setting up and shooting followed by a review and critique of what was shot during the day. On Sunday we will repeat the process and after the critique we will just spend a nice evening together eating and having some lovely beverages.

I will supply my lights, backgrounds, softboxes, umbrellas, and all of my props for you to choose from. We can use not only my kitchen but my grill as well for those who would like to shoot grilled food. We can also use each other as models so make sure you bring your model releases.

As I said, we are working out the details right now and I will include them in my responses to those who would like to attend. The class will be limited to 5 people. It will be on a first come, first accepted basis. A waiting list will be created and if there are any cancellations the next person in line will be notified to see if they are still interested in attending.

Those interested please email me at HHLtDave5@aol.com
varius

Post Posted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 3:02 am     Reply with quote

Any chance of moving your house to somewhere in Europe? ;-)

Or maybe more realisticly, any chance of you doing that as an EMail class (some time in the future)?
hhltdave5

Location: Our Stock, Food & Portrait photography books at www.rindersmithphotography.com

Post Posted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 6:19 am     Reply with quote

varius wrote:
Any chance of moving your house to somewhere in Europe? ;-)

Or maybe more realisticly, any chance of you doing that as an EMail class (some time in the future)?

Boy Ulrich I would love to do something in Europe but having just moved into my new home I am not moving anything for a long, long time! LOL

I'm not sure if an email class is the answer but we have been talking about another ebook dealing with Food Photography.
varius

Post Posted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 7:47 am     Reply with quote

hhltdave5 wrote:

I'm not sure if an email class is the answer but we have been talking about another ebook dealing with Food Photography.

Can I volunteer for the beta test? ;-)
hhltdave5

Post Posted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 3:09 pm     Reply with quote

varius wrote:
hhltdave5 wrote:

Can I volunteer for the beta test? ;-)

If we do it, you got it! :)
rinder99

Location: Contact www.rinderart.com/Books and Workshops www.rindersmithphotography.com Youtube/rinder

Post Posted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 3:57 pm     Reply with quote

Were talking about doing them online.
Forgiss

Location: For videos of our shoots: https://vimeo.com/shootsimaging

Post Posted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 3:59 pm     Reply with quote

rinder99 wrote:

How were you thinking of doing those?
hhltdave5

Post Posted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 10:49 pm     Reply with quote

Forgiss wrote:
rinder99 wrote:

How were you thinking of doing those?

We are still working on the details right now. Kind of a multi media format. We expect to be able to give more details in a couple of weeks.
varius

Post Posted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 1:52 am     Reply with quote

Ready when you are. ;-)

Hmmm... ok gimme a week - I'll have to get those Hensels Laurin and I talked about...
lilcrazyfuzzy

Post Posted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 2:37 am     Reply with quote

How about in a style of video tutorials / videocasts?
A kind of small TV show ;)

Laurin could do some music, and dave some belly dance at the beginning :D
hhltdave5

Post Posted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 6:48 am     Reply with quote

lilcrazyfuzzy wrote:
How about in a style of video tutorials / videocasts?
A kind of small TV show ;)

Laurin could do some music, and dave some belly dance at the beginning :D

Only one problem with that Cyril. Laurin would bring the customers in with his music but me belly dancing?? Not so much. More like sending them screaming into the night LOL

Shutterstock Forum for Contributors