Welcome, Anonymous (Profile, Private Messages)
Having trouble signing into the forums? Please [ logout ] and log back in.
SEARCH:     » Advanced Search

Shutterstock Photographer Forum Forum Index : General Shutterstock Submit Discussion :
How much money do you make w/ Shutterstock?
Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

mavrick

Post Posted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 9:29 am     Reply with quote

wintertickle,
thanks for the explanation. i really had no idea.
where i live, winter could tickle us any day now.
and yes, ripe with humor always.
danace2000

Post Posted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 9:33 am     Reply with quote

Not enough, need to make/take better quality images and start doing model shoots.

wimper wimper sniff sniff....................... SLAP, pulling myself back together.
mavrick

Post Posted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 9:50 am     Reply with quote

don't get your hopes up over the weekend. i'm thinking all sales tank till tuesday starting tomorrow around 3PM westcoast time america. it would be interesting to track.
niserin

Post Posted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 10:51 am     Reply with quote

mavrick what is 'tank' ?
I thought it was big machine in the war or 'tank fuel'.
I am sorry I am not native english or american, so I wonder what does it mean :)
PaulCowan

Post Posted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 10:54 am     Reply with quote

fredgoldstein wrote:
jamaica wrote:
Just curious,

How much money (on average) do you make each month and how many photos do you have up?

We all know by now that you can make a living out of microstock, the question is how much money are you willing to make?

fred

The question, in my opinion, is how long the party will be on for. Is it a flash in the pan (does that term come from the old magnesium flashes, I wonder?) or is it a solid long-term option.

It's a serious question for those of us who are old enough to know that if we burn our boats we aren't likely to have the chance to hop aboard another before Charon's ferry arrives.
michaeldb

Post Posted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 11:01 am     Reply with quote

bichon wrote:
52 images on file.
this month i made $5.00. usually it is 6 to 8 bucks.
it's ok to laugh.
anyway... considering there are almost a million pics on site, i am amazed that anyone finds my pics AT ALL !!!!!...

I really like your images, some excellent isolations, and I think many have high commercial value. You seem to have a very good 'stock eye'.

You are probably right about the size of your gallery, the more images you have, the more each will be downloaded, as customers find one of your images they like, and then look at what else you have. I think this is an advantage for us of the SS model: Buyer here don't just buy one image they were looking for; because they can dl as many as they want, they may dl images which they think they may need in the future.

So keep up the great work!

thoth11

Post Posted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 11:03 am     Reply with quote

Not as much as I thought I might by this time but unfortunately I suck at photography. One day, hopefully soon, I can figure this out. I probably should read a photography book or two, take a class, learn photoshop and practice. I just love the professional photos so many of you take. My advice is to practice, learn and take professional quality photos and the money will come to you. In my case it's not really coming to me like I had hoped. Unfortunately in life you can't hope to have results, you have to just do it. Cheers.
ashwin

Post Posted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 11:35 am     Reply with quote

$47.80 for 191 downloads with 93 pics in my portfolio. (24 of them uploaded this month)
I will get my first check next month.. very exicted about that. Will use it to get some good lighting equipment!
ianthebean

Post Posted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 11:45 am     Reply with quote

massman wrote:
My first files were available for download 14 days ago, now have 14 images in my portfolio, $8.25 so far.

Still early days!

Please don't tell anyone else.

You have some very nice "real stock photos" in my mind. I bet you will make a lot of money in the future.
ianthebean

Post Posted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 11:47 am     Reply with quote

niserin wrote:
mavrick what is 'tank' ?
I thought it was big machine in the war or 'tank fuel'.
I am sorry I am not native english or american, so I wonder what does it mean :)

tank is when something stops almost completely and fails.
dink

Post Posted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 11:58 am     Reply with quote

139 images = $19 ish this month but i had not uploaded anything in at least 6weeks, that is until the latest batch got approved yesterday.
rpleis

Post Posted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:00 pm     Reply with quote

not enough of either!!!
fredgoldstein

Post Posted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:44 pm     Reply with quote

PaulCowan wrote:
fredgoldstein wrote:
jamaica wrote:
Just curious,

How much money (on average) do you make each month and how many photos do you have up?

We all know by now that you can make a living out of microstock, the question is how much money are you willing to make?

fred

The question, in my opinion, is how long the party will be on for. Is it a flash in the pan (does that term come from the old magnesium flashes, I wonder?) or is it a solid long-term option.

It's a serious question for those of us who are old enough to know that if we burn our boats we aren't likely to have the chance to hop aboard another before Charon's ferry arrives.

What makes you think it will stop? I download images for the past 6 years and I need more and more. This microstock industry has open a market for new clients that did not exist before, so it is in full expansion and for a while to my opinion.

fred
pantoja

Post Posted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 1:08 pm     Reply with quote

xavier wrote:
Hi Jamaica,

I don't think it is impolite to ask, Those who care to tell just won't tell.

As I was eager to know the number when I first started to upload pictures, this might help you :

In my case, this month will be close to 130 USD, with a little over 500 Pictures.

Xavier

... plus an iPod Hi Fi!!!!

;)
1amgreen

Post Posted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 1:14 pm     Reply with quote

$15 - $20 per month.

Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Shutterstock Forum for Contributors