Welcome, Anonymous (Profile, Private Messages)
Having trouble signing into the forums? Please [ logout ] and log back in.
SEARCH:     » Advanced Search

Shutterstock Photographer Forum Forum Index : General Shutterstock Submit Discussion :
Delete my Shutterstock account
Page 1, 2  Next

vanoo

Post Posted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 3:10 am     Reply with quote

I don't need ma account any more. How can I delete it?
David P. Smith

Location: Our Stock, Food & Portrait photography books at www.rindersmithphotography.com

Post Posted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:58 am     Reply with quote

You have no images in your account so there is really nothing much to do. You can just walk away but if you want your account name removed just go to your account page which you can find on your main sign in page. Go to the opt in and out section and opt out for the Shutterstock section. Then follow that up with an email to Shutterstock Admin.
leannaartrip

Post Posted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:55 pm     Reply with quote

It would not accept my ID picture. I haven't do anything at all on this website. I was just curious and now I don't want my account anymore. I don't want any of my information left. I didn't put any type of credit card number on there just my address & phone number.
pharm

Post Posted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:11 pm     Reply with quote

Why do people give up so easily? Seriously. There are plenty of people here willing to offer advice and help any way we can but people just quit without even making a concerted effort and I'll never understand that.
shevs

Post Posted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 12:24 am     Reply with quote

Don't you think many still see this as "quicklysellingsomepicsthataregatheringdustonmyharddisk" thing?
I did before i started here; boy it was a bummer when i found out i actually had to work hard for it!
I can imagine it's tough when you don't have a passion for photography (or illustrating/designing)and realize how high the bar really is...
Still there are sites out there promoting this as quick and easy money...sillierds!

(this is not directly aimed at you vanoo; for all i know you might have a super exclusive port somewhere else)
nelsonlua76

Post Posted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:05 am     Reply with quote

actually it happend the same to me, it seems that my i.d. is not accepted, well i will look somewhere else but i would like my account deleted and not just go away, and there was an agreement too, so i would like to clear this mess out the right way

i thought there was a cancel account bottom..

ps: the bar is high but that is not the point, the point is i.d. refused.
David P. Smith

Location: Our Stock, Food & Portrait photography books at www.rindersmithphotography.com

Post Posted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:03 am     Reply with quote

nelsonlua76 wrote:
actually it happend the same to me, it seems that my i.d. is not accepted, well i will look somewhere else but i would like my account deleted and not just go away, and there was an agreement too, so i would like to clear this mess out the right way

i thought there was a cancel account bottom..

ps: the bar is high but that is not the point, the point is i.d. refused.

The question is why was the ID refused? If the ID is valid, is the type accepted, and has all the required current and accurate information then there is no reason for it to be rejected. Often times the submitter is not submitting exactly what they should.

If your ID has not been accepted then you do not have an account with Shutterstock so there is nothing to worry about. If you are worried and want to be sure that you have made your request to them just submit an email to support at submit@shutterstock.com and explain it there.
OK-Photography

Post Posted: Tue May 13, 2014 12:07 pm     Reply with quote

hello,

after submitting my "first ten pictures", I now got the response that 7 of them are refused.

after looking up the reasons, which seem to be given in a SINGLE WORD (like "noisy/focus/exposure") - these DO NOT CORRESPOND to the pictures in question, which are neither out of focus, nor have exposure issues, nor were cropped in an "unsatisfactory" way!
(They are my work, they were accepted on iStock and are far from being just random snapshots)

Therefore I think I might be wrong on this site.

And why I am posting here is because I miss the button saying editing/deleting my account.

I'd be rather satisfied to know how to delete all the data I submitted till now, since it will no longer be needed, and I am not willing to participate under these conditions.

Would be great knowing how to do so!

My portfolio can be visited here: http://ok-photography.photogen.lu (in order to give non-concerned readers something to look at)
David P. Smith

Post Posted: Tue May 13, 2014 12:15 pm     Reply with quote

OK-Photography wrote:
hello,

after submitting my "first ten pictures", I now got the response that 7 of them are refused.

after looking up the reasons, which seem to be given in a SINGLE WORD (like "noisy/focus/exposure") - these DO NOT CORRESPOND to the pictures in question, which are neither out of focus, nor have exposure issues, nor were cropped in an "unsatisfactory" way!
(They are my work, they were accepted on iStock and are far from being just random snapshots)

Therefore I think I might be wrong on this site.

And why I am posting here is because I miss the button saying editing/deleting my account.

I'd be rather satisfied to know how to delete all the data I submitted till now, since it will no longer be needed, and I am not willing to participate under these conditions.

Would be great knowing how to do so!

My portfolio can be visited here: http://ok-photography.photogen.lu (in order to give non-concerned readers something to look at)

Different sites have different standards and guidelines as to what images will be accepted. IS (not proper to use a competitors full name here) is taking just about anything now seeing that many of their exclusives jumped ship with them and they lost a lot of images from their database.

Reviewers look at images at 100% so they can check for focus. We cannot tell a thing about your shots and if the focus is sharp enough from you just giving us a link to your site.

We always suggest posting the images you are thinking of submitting in the Critique forum so we who know pretty much what SS likes can give you some suggestions. If you would like to do this just follow the instructions found in the first thread in that forum and be sure to include a 100% crop of the critical focus area.

We have made this suggestion to many people who have done so and then have gone on to be accepted and were happy to have done it because SS gives most of us our highest payouts of any stock site.

But if you wish to pack up and go feel free to do so. Just send an email to submit@shutterstock.com and ask them to delete your account.
Sean Locke Photography

Post Posted: Wed May 14, 2014 9:56 am     Reply with quote

OK-Photography wrote:

I don't speak whatever language that is, so I don't know where to click to see your portfolio.

As mentioned, post in the critique forum.
dbvirago

Post Posted: Fri May 23, 2014 1:10 pm     Reply with quote

Interesting thread. Four supposedly different people posting for the first time with an empty portfolio.
Robert Acey

Post Posted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 1:54 pm     Reply with quote

Delete my account now!
David P. Smith

Post Posted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 1:58 pm     Reply with quote

Robert Acey wrote:
Delete my account now!

They are not going to delete your account simply by posting it in the forums. You have no images so you can just walk away or if you want to get rid of all traces follow the procedure located in the FAQ section.
triceratops

Post Posted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 2:47 pm     Reply with quote

dbvirago wrote:
Interesting thread. Four supposedly different people posting for the first time with an empty portfolio.

Make that five now. Something suspicious.
David P. Smith

Post Posted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 3:20 pm     Reply with quote

triceratops wrote:
dbvirago wrote:

Make that five now. Something suspicious.

I think they send in their shots for admission, they get rejected and they get pissed so they want to go to another site that appreciates their work.

Page 1, 2  Next

Shutterstock Forum for Contributors