Welcome, Anonymous (Profile, Private Messages)
Having trouble signing into the forums? Please [ logout ] and log back in.
SEARCH:     » Advanced Search

Shutterstock Photographer Forum Forum Index : Footage :
Japanese Release Form?

willall

Post Posted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:58 am     Reply with quote

First of all I'm not sure this is the right place to post, but I need some advice. I have been making a short film which we are hoping to enter into some festivals, and because of this I need to get everyone involved to sign a release form. I lost my last template and had to find another one, can anyone tell me if this is OK?

-----------------------------------------------------

Full Name: ________________________________________________

Address: ________________________________________________

City/ST/Post Code: __________________________________________________

The above named and undersigned (“Participant”) does hereby consent to the use by PRODUCTION COMPANEY NAME and DIRECTOR’S NAME and their successors and assigns, assignees, grantees and licensees (collectively referred to as “The Producers”) of Participant's name, voice, picture, likeness, poses, actions and any other combination of any of these in connection with the production of the short work, “FILM NAME” (The Film). Participant also hereby assigns and grants unto The Producers the irrevocable and unconditional power, right, privilege and permission to exhibit all or any part of said Film in any and all media in the world and in perpetuity.

Participant also understands that there is no compensation for appearance on or participation in the above named Film.

Participant hereby releases and discharges the Producers from any and all liability arising out of or in connection with the making, producing, reproducing, processing, exhibiting, licensing, distributing, publishing, transmitting by any means or otherwise using the above-named Program.

Participant certifies and warrants that Participant is of legal age, has full power, right and authority to enter into this Consent and Release, has read same in it's entirety and understands all of it's terms and provisions.

____________________________________________ _______________
Participant's Signature Date

If participant is under 18 years of age, Parent or Legal Guardian must sign below: I agree to all the terms and conditions of this release form.

____________________________________________ _______________
Parent’s or Legal Guardian’s Signature Date

---------------------------------------------------

And second of all many of the people who acted in the film are Japanese, so I would like to know if anyone has or knows where I can get a Japanese release form along the same lines. Preferably I need both a Japanese release and English release that match as my Japanese isnt that great. I could ask them to just sign the English one, but I would feel bad asking that as they wont understand what they are signing.

Thanks!
pichunter

Post Posted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:57 pm     Reply with quote

This is an older style release, if you are going to use the film, clips for stock you need to have dual uses, so if the release refers to photography then you need to add with a slash video.

You also have to show some form of compensation for the contract to be valid, a release is a transaction, so for general stock photography/video you could give free clips or photos or a $ amount.

See pm I sent you for foreign language releases.
willall

Post Posted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 11:00 am     Reply with quote

Thanks very much pichunter I really appreciate that, those are very in-depth and seem pretty tight. I think I should be able to use them, the only think I noticed is that it doesn't mention audio but would that come under video?
odesigns

Post Posted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 11:07 am     Reply with quote

I use this one everywhere with success.

http://www.orlowskidesigns.com/samplerelease.pdf
pichunter

Post Posted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 11:52 am     Reply with quote

On my releases I use the term filmmaking, so that covers sound as well. Increasingly you should have a space for a photo of the model/actor, it helps with identification.
willall

Post Posted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 12:46 pm     Reply with quote

odesigns your release is more like the one I was using before, but I need it in Japanese.

pichunter can you edit the releases from getty images? If so how? Sorry if I'm being dense.

Thanks.
pichunter

Post Posted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 2:56 pm     Reply with quote

I believe it's a pdf, so if you have the right Adobe software maybe? Otherwise cut and paste.
willall

Post Posted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:25 am     Reply with quote

Thanks again Pichunter. I have just been doing some research into the legalities of street photography and found out some more information of release forms as well. You mentioned that you have to have some mention of compensation in a release form to make it legal, but I think this might only be in the US. At least in the UK you do not have to give any form of compensation for a release form to be legal. Interesting, thought it might be of some interest. I'm not sure about Japan, but I think it would be the same as the UK as well.
onilx

Post Posted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:03 am     Reply with quote

Hey All,

I have a similar issue and was wondering if you wouldn't mind sharing the Japanese language release form.

UPDATE:

Getty Images has translated their model release into... a lot of languages

http://contributors.gettyimages.com/article_public.aspx?article_id=1834

Shutterstock Forum for Contributors