Welcome, Anonymous (Profile, Private Messages)
Having trouble signing into the forums? Please [ logout ] and log back in.
SEARCH:     » Advanced Search

Shutterstock Photographer Forum Forum Index : Questions / Answers :
Is this permitted ?

jaycriss

Post Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:35 pm     Reply with quote

Hello.

I accidentally uploaded a down sized photo. I really don't know what have I done when I saved it in jpeg. Anyway , the photo was accepted, BUT, i would like to delete it and reupload the full resolution image 18mp instead of 5mp.
Is this permitted by the review team ?
hhltdave5

Location: Our Stock, Food & Portrait photography books at www.rindersmithphotography.com

Post Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:04 pm     Reply with quote

As long as it is 4mp then you are fine. You can downsize but you can only up size by no more than 5%.
greenfield54

Post Posted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:26 pm     Reply with quote

hhltdave5 wrote:
As long as it is 4mp then you are fine. You can downsize but you can only up size by no more than 5%.

Pardon for my ignorance but how do they know if somebody up sized at all? Had that question at the back of my mind for years. Thank you for any enlightenment.
hhltdave5

Location: Our Stock, Food & Portrait photography books at www.rindersmithphotography.com

Post Posted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:54 pm     Reply with quote

greenfield54 wrote:
hhltdave5 wrote:

Pardon for my ignorance but how do they know if somebody up sized at all? Had that question at the back of my mind for years. Thank you for any enlightenment.

I honestly cannot say for certain, just quoting the FAQ. I would think it probable that it would show up in the EXIF data somewhere that their software can detect.
jmci

Post Posted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:35 am     Reply with quote

hhltdave5 wrote:

I don't think the OP was intending to upsize an image - the question was about replacing a downsized image with the original version.

You can't simply replace an image, you'll have to upload the larger one as a new submission and leave a note for the reviewer to explain why you're sending a duplicate. Just don't delete the downsized version until after the larger one has been accepted, in case the reviewer doesn't like the new one and you're left with neither!
greenfield54

Post Posted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:45 pm     Reply with quote

hhltdave5 wrote:
greenfield54 wrote:
hhltdave5 wrote:

I honestly cannot say for certain, just quoting the FAQ. I would think it probable that it would show up in the EXIF data somewhere that their software can detect.

Thank you. And most probably so. A software could certainly detect any up sizing.
janceluch

Post Posted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:19 pm     Reply with quote

greenfield54 wrote:
hhltdave5 wrote:

I work in print industry and I can tell that even untrained eye can see re-sampling over 1.5-times (trained eye spots even less) - the pixel structure changes and under high magnification it is visible that "original image pixels" are not fitting the real pixels of final image. Simple upsizing messes the image "crispness" and is not worth doing... If it would by "unspottable" than there would be no reason to forbid it... :)
greenfield54

Post Posted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:41 pm     Reply with quote

janceluch wrote:
greenfield54 wrote:
hhltdave5 wrote:

I work in print industry and I can tell that even untrained eye can see re-sampling over 1.5-times (trained eye spots even less) - the pixel structure changes and under high magnification it is visible that "original image pixels" are not fitting the real pixels of final image. Simple upsizing messes the image "crispness" and is not worth doing... If it would by "unspottable" than there would be no reason to forbid it... :)

Thank you very much for the information. Maybe I just played the part of the devil's advocate as I'm quite certain many of us really do not know the answer to the query.

Shutterstock Forum for Contributors