Welcome, Anonymous (Profile, Private Messages)
Having trouble signing into the forums? Please [ logout ] and log back in.
SEARCH:     » Advanced Search

Shutterstock Photographer Forum Forum Index : Critique / Tips / Tricks :
How To Post Images - Newbies Please Read
Page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

graphicphoto

Post Posted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 7:19 pm     Reply with quote

NOTE: PLEASE DO NOT post your photos in THIS thread. POST them in the critique forum under a NEW THREAD.
:)

I am not sure if someone has posted this before but if so it needs to be posted again.
For those of you who are trying to get accepted or are just wanting a critique on your photos, here is an EASY way to post your images here. THIS WILL HELP the people critiquing your images immensely!
I hate having to click on links and it takes too much time to click on numerous ones. Help us help YOU!

Please DO NOT HOTLINK any longer with image sharing websites.

Please post directly to Shutterstock from your computer.

Take your image and resize it to no bigger than 500 pixels on the longest side and save it to your computer. Then to post the image you can open a new post window to the thread and on the bottom of the page you will see the browse icon. Click on that and select the image that you resized and then just click on the preview icon to make sure the image shows up then click on the submit icon.

Another way to do it is to add an image that is in your gallery. To do this you open your gallery and open the image you want to add. Right click on the image and select Properties. When the properties window opens copy the address/URL and then go to the thread you want to post it. Open your new post window, put your cursor in the text area and then click on the IMG icon. The paste the URL of the image to the right of the IMG tag then click on preview to make sure it is there. Then if everything is ok click on submit.

To post a 100% crop use the cropping tool in your photo editing software. Crop out the critical section such as sky or shadows for noise or the edge of an object for focus. Using the Save As save the image to a size no longer than 500 pixels longest side to a folder giving it a name such as 100% crop of... Then post it using the Browse Icon.

Thank you!

Last edited by graphicphoto on Fri Jun 12, 2009 5:43 pm; edited 8 times in total
supertramp

Post Posted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:35 pm     Reply with quote

Thank you, Annette.

Can we make this into a 'sticky post'?
graphicphoto

Post Posted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:37 pm     Reply with quote

supertramp wrote:
Thank you, Annette.

I don't know??? We need to...
Laurin Rinder

Location: Contact www.rinderart.com/Books and Workshops www.rindersmithphotography.com Youtube/rinder

Post Posted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:58 pm     Reply with quote

We tried annette.Thanks for saying it again.getting them to read it is the issue.i try to get them to simply save the image at 400 Longest side, save it to a folder somewhere, then simply click browse.preview and submit.We dont mind taking the time to help But they could make it much easer for us. I see if I can make it sticky.
dapoopta

Post Posted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:08 pm     Reply with quote

why even sign up at a free image host place? Upload in the add file attachment section of the post, and then link to those pictures by right clicking on the file, example file.jpg, after you uploaded, and copy that link and paste it where Annette says above. Good luck.
graphicphoto

Post Posted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:24 pm     Reply with quote

dapoopta wrote:
why even sign up at a free image host place? Upload in the add file attachment section of the post, and then link to those pictures by right clicking on the file, example file.jpg, after you uploaded, and copy that link and paste it where Annette says above. Good luck.

For the really NEW people who have no clue how to resize a photo CORRECTLY...let alone how to attach a file.
It's not rocket science but it may as well be for people who are computer illiterate...I know plenty of them!

By the way...you need a pedicure!

;)
graphicphoto

Post Posted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:25 pm     Reply with quote

rinder99 wrote:
We tried annette.Thanks for saying it again.getting them to read it is the issue.i try to get them to simply save the image at 400 Longest side, save it to a folder somewhere, then simply click browse.preview and submit.We dont mind taking the time to help But they could make it much easer for us. I see if I can make it sticky.

Well we will just keep trying!
Thanks!
redcloud

Post Posted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:51 pm     Reply with quote

I caught on pretty quick and have been posting 100% crops when I want technical critiquing such as noise and focusing.
graphicphoto

Post Posted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:53 pm     Reply with quote

redcloud wrote:
I caught on pretty quick and have been posting 100% crops when I want technical critiquing such as noise and focusing.

...and we thank you for that!
David P. Smith

Location: Our Stock, Food & Portrait photography books at www.rindersmithphotography.com

Post Posted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:40 pm     Reply with quote

graphicphoto wrote:
supertramp wrote:
Thank you, Annette.

I don't know??? We need to...

There was a sticky on this but it was taken down when they last cleaned up the forums.

Here are a few other ways of doing it.

Take your image and resize it to no bigger than 500 pixels on the longest side and save it to your computer. Then to post the image you can open a new post window to the thread and on the bottom of the page you will see the browse icon. Click on that and select the image that you resized and then just click on the preview icon to make sure the image shows up then click on the submit icon.

Another way to do it is to add an image that is in your gallery. To do this you open your gallery and open the image you want to add. Right click on the image and select Properties. When the properties window opens copy the address/URL and then go to the thread you want to post it. Open your new post window, put your cursor in the text area and then click on the IMG icon. The paste the URL of the image to the right of the IMG tag then click on preview to make sure it is there. Then if everything is ok click on submit.

To post a 100% crop use the cropping tool in your photo editing software. Crop out the critical section such as sky or shadows for noise or the edge of an object for focus. Using the Save As save the image to a size no longer than 500 pixels longest side to a folder giving it a name such as 100% crop of... Then post it using the Browse Icon.
graphicphoto

Post Posted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:26 am     Reply with quote

*bump*
David P. Smith

Location: Our Stock, Food & Portrait photography books at www.rindersmithphotography.com

Post Posted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:44 am     Reply with quote

Everyone start chanting..."Make how to post images a sticky...Make how to post images a sticky...Make how to post images a sticky"

Then all we have to do is see if they read it! But at least it will let us just direct them to it and not have to write it all the time.
hospitalera

Post Posted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:27 am     Reply with quote

hhltdave5 wrote:
Everyone start chanting..."Make how to post images a sticky...Make how to post images a sticky...Make how to post images a sticky"

Then all we have to do is see if they read it! But at least it will let us just direct them to it and not have to write it all the time.

"Make how to post images a sticky...Make how to post images a sticky...Make how to post images a sticky"

;-) SY
ladylyonnesse

Post Posted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 4:10 pm     Reply with quote

hhltdave5 wrote:

BUMP!!
hospitalera

Post Posted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 4:29 pm     Reply with quote

Come on, Shuttterstock, make this a sticky, so new people don't make mistakes like this:

http://submit.shutterstock.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=619597#619597

SY

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Page 1 of 7 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Shutterstock Forum for Contributors