Make a commission on every sale you refer. For example, if you refer a subscriber who purchases a 25-A-Day membership, 20% of the price will be paid to your current account (up to USD $50 per referred customer).
There are a number of ways to get credit for referring new customers, and all are incredibly easy:
• Send traffic directly to Shutterstock.com
• Send traffic directly to your Shutterstock gallery
• Send traffic to a specific search term on Shutterstock
• Allow Shutterstock image searches from your own website
If any of these methods result in a purchase, you earn a percentage of the sale. For more information on how to make money by telling people about Shutterstock, click here.
But wait, there‘s more—you can also earn extra money by referring new Shutterstock submitters. When a customer downloads an image from a submitter you referred, you will receive $.04 for every one of their downloads for the first two years. This is our way of thanking you for sending submitters our way.
Using our customized link to recruit Shutterstock submitters, you can:
• Add the link to the signature in your email
• Add the link to the signature for message board postings
• Add the link to your own website—if your audience is photographers and/or digital artists
Feel free to link any way you wish: as text, as an image -- be creative! You can also use this customized link to refer footage submitters and earn a referral commission of 10% each time a clip is sold by a submitter you referred for up to one year.
You can easily keep track of your earnings through referrals on your Image Download Stats page. If you have any problems, questions or feedback, please do not hesitate to contact us—we‘re here to help.
As always, we thank you for allowing us to represent your creative work.